How do you turn Dreams into Reality?
December 15, 2012
In 1923, Walter Elias Disney borrowed $500 from an uncle. Had the uncle opted for stock in the Disney company instead of cash, it should’ve been worth $1 Billion today.
In the Disney Way, the authors give four simple principles that have stood the test of time: Dream, Believe, Dare, Do!
“I dream, I test my dreams against my beliefs, I dare to take risks, & execute my vision to make those dreams come true.
Here are some things I picked up concurrent to my own insights:
- There is no such thing as crazy.
- They have a Dream Retreat, a place where reality is always an intruder.
- Dreams can come true if you are true to yourself.
- Your beliefs & values serve as a filter in making decisions.
- Believe in yourself, believe in what you are doing, and most importantly, believe in God…that you can do all things thru Him who gives you strength.
- “When values are clear, laws are unnecessary. When values are not clear, laws are unenforceable.”
- It’s risky not to take risks.
- As we can now see, many people who believe in job security are the same ones who got laid off from their jobs.
- Live life adventurously. Dare to Believe!
- It teaches us how to plan. “People don’t plan to fail, they just fail to plan.”
- “If you change something in the planning stage, it costs you a dollar. If you change something in the design phase, it costs you 10 Dollars. If you change something after the plant is built, it costs you a hundred dollars.”
- When you have gone thru the first 3 stages — Just Do It!